Monday, August 16, 2010

What's the big effing deal with moving away?

Here is how all conversations now go between me and third parties:

3P: so what are you doing now with life?
me: I am moving to the UK soon for work.
3P: ORLY? When do you leave?
me: October.
3P: We should hang out.

Here is how the future will go with respect to these conversations:

1) More inquiries regarding when I am leaving
2) Ambiguous declarations regarding future social interaction
3) Half-hearted attempts at actual physical meeting
4) Apologies delivered over the Internet
5) Falsely excited hints regarding possible re-scheduling
6) I reveal I am already in the UK


Let's just get it over with:

1) We will likely not see each other
2) Luckily we will likely continue communicating thru other mediums
3) I am in fact not going on a deep space mission to Mars that requires 20 years of cryogenic sleep
4) This means we can visit or do something similar of a social nature
5) You're an idiot

I simply cannot understand people who insist on having giant attention whorish "going away parties" when they are merely leaving for 3 months or a similar stint of a negligible duration. Unless you are leaving mankind for a 10 year sojourn through the depths of the Amazon, I am not going to your stupid PITY PARTY.

1 comment:

Alvin said...

aaaaand, we're back to the characteristic bitter blog posts that we all know and love...


dude. we should hang out.